Curfews will continue within the City of Tukwila through Friday, June 5, 2020 (at least), on the following dates and times:
- Commencing at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 until 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2020, and
- Commencing at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2020 until 6:00 a.m. on Friday, June 5, 2020, and
- Commencing at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, June 5, 2020 until 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 6, 2020.
Here’s more from the city:
During this general curfew, no person shall enter or remain in the public right-of-way, or in the public parks, or at any other public place within the limits of the City of Tukwila, with the exception of publicly sponsored recreational activities. This general curfew shall be enforced by the Tukwila Police Department, other law enforcement agencies and the military.
- The general curfew shall not apply to law enforcement personnel who are actively engaging in carrying out their duties; military personnel who are actively engaged in providing assistance to the City pursuant to the Proclamation of the Mayor; emergency personnel and other City and government personnel who are actively engaged in carrying out their duties; City and governmental officials with valid identification; representatives of the media authorized in advance by the City Administrator’s Office or the Chief of Tukwila Police or his designee; and people who are essential workers or actively engaged in essential functions, including seeking medical care. For purposes of this Order, the phrase “actively engaged in carrying out their duties” includes traveling to and from the location of those duties to begin or end a work shift.
- Any person found to have knowingly violated this Civil Emergency Order is guilty of Failure to Obey the Mayor’s Emergency Order, and upon conviction may be punished by a fine of not more than $500 or by imprisonment for not more than 180 days, or both such fine and imprisonment pursuant to TMC 1.08.010 and 2.57.120.
- This Civil Emergency Order shall, at the earliest practicable time, be presented to the City Council for ratification and confirmation, and if not so ratified and confirmed shall be void.