Volunteers are needed for a restoration work party at Riverton Park this Wednesday, July 13, 2022, from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Join Forest Steward Debbie, for a mid-week work party at Riverton Park.
- Riverton Park has a border of large trees and native plants that need your help.
- English ivy and holly are trying to take over the areas but volunteers like you can make a difference.
- All tools, materials and training will be provided at the start of the work party.
- Restrooms are onsite May-October otherwise you may use the restroom at the Tukwila Community Center.
- Open to the public
- All ages OK
What to Bring
Bring a full water bottle, snacks for yourself, clothes that are weather appropriate, and closed-toed shoes. If you have garden gloves please bring them.
Where to Meet
Riverton Park: 13263 Macadam Rd S, Tukwila, WA 98168 (map below). Work parties are taking place next to the Gully Gardens P-Patch on the lower section of the park. You will see a 6ft toolbox (JOBOX) meet there.
Where to Park
Park in the parking lot at Riverton Park and walk down to the P-Patch.
Questions? Please contact Olena Perry at [email protected].
The City of Tukwila joined the Green Cities Partnership, a regional collaboration of cities working to steward natural open spaces in 2017.
Tukwila’s program and initiative are called “Green Tukwila.” Together with Forterra, EarthCorps, Duwamish Alive Coalition, Dirt Corps, King County Parks, and the Tukwila community, Green Tukwila will care for public parks and natural open spaces across the city. Throughout the next 20 years, the partnership will work to restore and maintain 138 acres of Tukwila’s urban forest.
“To do this great work we need everyone’s help,” organizers said. “Join friends, neighbors, and bring your families outside to learn about trees, shrubs, invasive plants, how to use tools, and much more. Work parties are being planned for community members and businesses to care for precious urban forests and to ensure healthy, safe, and beautiful public spaces to enjoy in the future.”
Restoration work parties are held at Riverton Park on the second Wednesday of the month, year-round.
For more info, click below: