Tukwila Police are reporting that a 33-year old male from Seattle with an extensive criminal history is in custody following a dispute with a shotgun.
Police say the incident began on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021 just after Noon in the 10800 block of E. Marginal Way S. (map below) when officers were alerted to a dispute that was occurring inside of a vehicle.
- Initial reports indicated that a male inside of the vehicle was threatening a female occupant of the vehicle with a shotgun.
- Arriving officers located the vehicle and per reports believed the suspect to still be in possession of a shotgun.
- Officer’s attempts to verbally de-escalate the situation were unsuccessful.
- The suspect also refused to comply with multiple clear commands by officers attempting to take him into custody.
- An officer deployed a taser at this time which was ineffective.
- Another officer then deployed a 40mm less-lethal round which is a foam tipped projectile.
- The suspect at this point complied with verbal commands to get on the ground and was taken into custody without incident.
- No injuries to officers, the suspect or the victim were reported.
Officers recovered a loaded, double-barrel sawed-off shotgun from inside the vehicle.
The suspect was booked into King County Jail on two felony charges of Harassment and Unlawful Firearm Possession. He also had a misdemeanor warrant for Obstructing a Law Enforcement Officer.
The suspect has 99 previous arrests and three felony convictions for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Possession of a Controlled Substance Without a Prescription and Possession of a Controlled Substance.