HMSHOST TO HOST JOB FAIR FOR VARIETY OF RESTAURANTS AT SEATTLE-TACOMA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT JULY 26!
Multiple opportunities available!
Interview directly with hiring managers!
WHO: HMSHost at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
WHAT: Job Fair – HMSHost is seeking to fill restaurant positions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Positions available include 1 Sous Chef, 2 Shift Managers, Baristas, Cooks, CSA/Cashier, Food Preps.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WHERE: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, 17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158. Room # – MT 272 2F (head towards pre-security Starbucks and you should see the signs) Interviews on site. Immediate hires.
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining for travel venues. HMSHost operates in more than 120 airports around the globe, including 44 of the 50 busiest airports in North America. The Company has annual sales in excess of $2.8 billion and employs more than 37,000 sales associates worldwide. HMSHost is a part of Autogrill Group, the world’s leading provider of food & beverage services for people on the move. With sales of around €4.3 billion in 2015, the Group operates in 31 countries and employs over 57,000 people. It manages approximately 4,200 stores in over 1,000 locations worldwide.
Visit www.HMSHost.com for more information.
EOE | Minority/Female/Disabled/
Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity | DFWP | Background checks will be required prior to beginning employment.
Courtesy Elston Hill comes these photos of some amazing light shows that dazzled guests at Boeing’s 100th Anniversary Party Friday night, July 15 (click images to see larger versions):
Here’s the full video of the presentation:
Have ‘Coffee with a Cop’ on Tuesday, July 26, from 3 – 5 p.m.!
Sit down with Tukwila Police officers and ask questions or share what’s on yours/their mind.
This is a free and open event.
“This is your opportunity for real conversations about issues that matter and directly impact you the most.”
A casual atmosphere for businesses and police officers to get to know each other and discover mutual goals for the Tukwila community.
WHAT: Coffee with a Cop!
WHEN: Tuesday, July 26, 2016; 3 – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Panera Bread, 17250 Southcenter Pkwy Ste #152, Tukwila, 98168
The Plant Connection, Inc., Interior Plant Specialists, is looking to hire:
Job Title: Interior Horticulturist
Salary: $13-$14/Hour pre-training (bonus based on performance and commission on sales also available)
Hours: Full time job (35-40 hrs/wk)
- Ready to work with something that doesn’t talk back (well at least not out loud)?
- Ready to move out from behind that desk and move your body? (most of our employees report weight loss in the first month)
- Ready to work independently?
- Ready to get to know the greater Seattle area like the back of your hand?
- Then this is the job for you.
Horticulturist and delivery/ installation position
- Full time job (35-40 hrs/wk) Can be done as 5-8 hour days or 4-10 hour days.
- Caring for tropical plants (and their owners) in office buildings 4 days per week
- Installation and delivery of plants/Warehouse clean up and care including but not limited to watering, cleaning, organizing, inventory 1 day per week
- Route work maintaining overall appearance and design of client’s interior landscapes
- Other duties as needed including but not limited to basic excel data entry and word processing
- Opportunity available to move into company management
- Monday through Friday (some flexibility in hours- typically start at 7:30 am to avoid traffic)
- Most of your routes will begin at our office in the Georgetown area of Seattle
JOB REQUIREMENTS -Must love plants and people!:
- Knowledge of or the capacity to learn the names and care of our most commonly used plants within the training period.
- Must also learn additional plant names and new skills on an ongoing basis
- Valid WSDL and good driving record.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Able to provide friendly, efficient customer service
- Company vehicle may be available or if you use choose to use your own vehicle, you are reimbursed for mileage at current IRS standard rate
- Physical capacity to do job- lift 30 lbs., walk several miles per day carrying 2- 2gallon water cans filled with water. Lots of kneeling and bending. Some ladder work
- Creative, flexible person willing to help with whatever task is on the agenda
- Must be very detail oriented. The communication between yourself, clients and other staff is the key to providing excellent customer service.
- Willing to learn to use internet and various computer programs such as excel and word
- Must sign non-compete (basically you agree not to work with any of our clients in a horticultural capacity for three years after the end of your employment with us.)
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Starting rate of $13-14 per hour Depending on experience and skills. Raise when you successfully complete training after three months
- Mileage and parking allowance
- 5% commission on sales within accounts
- We will pay for your pesticide license should you have one or choose to get one
- 2 week paid vacation per year the first year (1st week becomes available after six months, second week after twelve months), 3 weeks beginning the third year, (proportional to # of hours worked),
- $30 per month education benefit
- Performance based bonus plan
- Chance to grow and receive training within our company.
For the second year, Tukwila recyclers have a chance to help a local non-profit help local children.
The Tukwila ‘Recycle Often Recycle Right’ campaign aims to collect 500 recycling pledges from community members before June 30.
Every ‘Recycle Often Recycle Right’ promise will help the Tukwila Children’s Foundation earn a $5,000 grant from Waste Management. The Foundation helps meet the basic needs of children in the Tukwila community. The recycling promise supports Tukwila’s recycling goals and helps build community connections in Tukwila.
There are three basic rules for the Recycle Often Recycle Right campaign:
- Recycle all empty bottles, cans and paper
- Keep food and liquids out of the recycling
- Keep loose plastic bags out of the recycling
Why focus on recycling basics?
New plastic-packaging technologies and evolving environmental standards make it difficult to know what can be recycled. As a result, it has become more important than ever to make recycling guidelines and systems as easy and efficient as possible.
To pledge now and help the Tukwila Children’s Foundation, go to
Another way to help is to encourage others via social media, using the campaign hashtag #RORR.
Story & Photos courtesy resident Elston Hill:
The Museum of Flight previewed its new, 3-acre Aviation Pavilion on Thursday (June 23) for the media.
The 9-story high, roofed outdoor gallery doubles the Museum’s exhibit space with the biggest expansion in its 51-year history, establishing a new Seattle landmark and one of the world’s grandest displays of historic aircraft.
The Museum of Flight’s Aviation Pavilion is a covered, outside gallery with 15 rare and unique commercial and military airplanes. The Museum’s Boeing 747 prototype, Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Concorde will be open to the public daily. The building covers more area than two football fields, and is 90 ft. high. The original Boeing 727 and the first presidential jet plane (Air Force One) will move across the street to the new facility in October, but are also available to view next to the museum.
For us, the most impressive airplane was the original Boeing 747 test aircraft. Even though I have flown on 747s, walking up to this 747 was just incredible – it is HUGE when seen up close from the ground.
The new facility opens to the public this Saturday, June 25 (more info here).
Click images to see larger versions/slideshow:
Highline Public Schools is holding a Job Fair on Monday, June 20, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Here are the details:
WHEN: Monday, June 20 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: ERAC Building, 15675 Ambaum SW, Burien, WA 98166
INFO: Opportunities for all positions such as:
- Bus Drivers
- Nutrition Services
- Substitute Teachers
- Sports Coaches
- School Nurses
- School Psychologists
- School Counselors
Please visit jobs.highlineschools.org to learn more about our open positions and complete your application.
MACRINA BAKERY & CAFÉ IS HIRING!
Macrina Bakery and Cafe is seeking highly motivated Drivers and Packers to join our Wholesale Delivery team!
We are looking for multiple candidates to fill the FT availability (40 hours, 5 days a week). Shifts starts around 1 AM – 2 AM, and are at minimum 8 hours per day.
We are searching for candidates who are dynamic, friendly, proactive and hard working. The successful candidate has a good attitude, excellent communication and customer service skills, and works well alone as well as with others. Candidate must be able to work at a professional and productive level with strong organizational and time management skills. We are moving to Kent in July, so candidates who apply must be able to move with us to our new bread kitchen.
Pack baked goods, load delivery vans and deliver orders to our wholesale customers around the Puget Sound Area on time while practicing safe driving habits in our delivery vans (Chevy Express and Ram Pro Master).
- At least 21 years of age (or nearing 21st birthday).
- Good Driving Record over the last 3 years (less than 2 tickets and 1 accident).
- Good attitude, receptive to feedback, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team.
- Very flexible with scheduling (days off are NOT set, and will NOT be Sat-Sun).
- Valid and unrestricted Washington State driver license.
- Current Food Handler’s Permit or the ability to get one within two weeks of start date.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to move and work quickly in a very fast-paced, and high-stress environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Energetic, positive, and task oriented.
- Adaptable to a changing environment and able to take on new tasks as needed.
- Reliable transportation to work
Apply/Contact: Please send your resume and cover letter to:
The Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority (RTA) and the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce announced a partnership on Tuesday (April 26) with the intent “to better promote the regional destination, bolster tourism and drive economic vitality” of the region.
What was known as the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce will become the Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce.
The partnership is made effective through a memorandum of understanding, in which both organizations will leverage the Seattle Southside name.
“There is an increasing understanding of the value of a singular place brand,” said Katherine Kertzman, president and CEO of the Seattle Southside RTA. “The more we can all rally around the Seattle Southside region, the more we will all benefit.”
Both organizations will remain independent of the other, while realizing the benefits of co-branding the Seattle Southside area. This will create a uniform voice in the destination brand of Seattle Southside, while also increasing efficiencies through joint marketing efforts and maximizing available funds, including shared collateral materials.
“There is strength in numbers and we’re all working toward the same goals,” said Dena Guttridge, CEO of the Chamber. “Increasing our collaboration is a big win for the entire community. Our Chamber mission remains the same but this allows us to reduce costs for our members while greatly increasing our exposure with amplified marketing efforts.”
About Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority
Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority (RTA) is the official destination marketing organization for South Seattle. The organization is responsible for competitively marketing the area as an ideal travel destination for leisure and business travelers who wish to explore Western Washington and an idyllic place for meeting and event planners to hold their events. The Seattle Southside RTA is funded by a self-assessed hotel fund and supported by a lodging tax from the cities of SeaTac, Tukwila and Des Moines. For more information, please visit www.seattlesouthside.com or call 877-885-9452.
About the Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce
We are committed to growing and supporting the business community. Through educational programs, networking opportunities, business resources and strategic partnerships, we empower businesses to succeed. For more information, call 206-575-1633.
Aditya Sood, the Hollywood producer who brought Andy Weir’s book, “The Martian,” to the screen, will talk about that process in a special public conversation at the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field on April 16 at 2 p.m.
Following the program will be an open reception with Sood in the Museum’s Space Gallery. The event is free with admission to the Museum.
After reading Weir’s book in 2013 he was instrumental in securing an adaption by Drew Goddard, then director Ridley Scott, Twentieth Century Fox and actor Matt Damon to make one of the biggest hits of 2015. In addition to “The Martian,” Sood was executive producer of “Deadpool” (2016) and is currently executive producer on the upcoming “Deadpool 2.”
The Museum of Flight is located at 9404 E. Marginal Way S., Tukwila, Exit 158 off I-5 on Boeing Field halfway between downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport. The Museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission is $20 for adults, $17 for seniors 65 and older, $17 for active military, $12 for youth 5 to 17, and free for children under 5. Group rates are available.