As part of the City of Tukwila’s “Southcenter Access Project,” three major road closures will start on Monday, March 28th, and will not reopen until November, 2011.
“The Southcenter Access Project is a major reconstruction of Southcenter Parkway between Strander Boulevard and Tukwila Parkway (between Westfield Southcenter Mall and I-5),” reads a statement.
The work will affect two major intersections:
- Southcenter Parkway at Klickitat Drive
- Southcenter Parkway at Strander Boulevard
The work will also affect the adjacent off-ramps from northbound I-5.
The purpose of the project is to improve traffic flow on Southcenter Parkway and reduce congestion at the intersections and I-5 off-ramps.
Here are the closure detailss:
- The off-ramp from northbound I-5 to southbound Southcenter Parkway,
- Southcenter Parkway, (both directions), between Strander Blvd and the West entrance to Westfield Southcenter Mall
- Klickitat Drive between 53rd Avenue South and Southcenter Parkway, (Eastbound Klickitat Drive will be open to provide access to the southbound I-5 on ramp).
The city would like our Readers to note that all businesses will remain open during construction.
We strongly encourage everyone to begin looking at maps now to identify alternate routes if needed.
More information available at a special website here.
Here are some maps and graphics that illustrate what the heck will be going on and where:
For a detailed map, assistance in identifying alternate routes and construction updates, go to www.southcenteraccess.com